Family-sponsored immigration is a multi-step process that involves both a U.S. relative and a foreign national:1. The U.S. relative submits the Petition for Alien Relative to the USCIS2. USCIS approves the petition and forwards it to the National Visa Center (NVC)3. NVC notifies the foreign relative when an immigrant visa number becomes available4. The foreign national secure the visa number by adjusting status (if residing in the U.S.), OR completing the process with the local U.S. Consulate (if outside the U.S.)Family-sponsored immigrant visas/applications include:
- Fiancé(e) visa
- Marriage to a U.S. Citizen
- Removal of conditions for Conditional Permanent Resident
- Other immediate relative petitions
- Relatives of Legal Permanent Residents
- Other (non-immediate) relatives of U.S. Citizens
Call Blaszkow Legal today for a consultation.