Summer Legal Internship Position at Blaszkow Legal, PLLC
Blaszkow Legal, PLLC is a personal injury firm with a growing division in immigration law. We are looking for a legal intern interested in obtaining real life experience in the practice of immigration law and law firm management!
Internship Start Date: May 17th Prerequisites for the Position:
- One year of law school/college;
- Passion for helping immigrants;
- Fluency or strong proficiency in Spanish; and
- Availability to work a minimum of 20 hours/week during the summer term
Summary of Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist immigration attorney with new client consultations and follow up appointments;
- Conduct legal research into various immigration issues and prepare memoranda/briefs regarding complex legal issues;
- Prepare client applications under the supervision of immigration attorney;
- Assist with the drafting of orally dictated affidavits;
- Translate documents from Spanish to English;
- Assist in streamlining the intake process;
- Serve as interpreter for clients at interviews with immigration officers at USCIS;
- Schedule consultations for the immigration attorney;
- Attend hearings at Arlington Immigration Court;
- Assist with marketing, outreach, and blogging; and
- Other related duties as assigned.
The internship is unpaid, but we will cooperate with students in fulfilling any externship requirements they may have with their law schools in order to obtain academic credit. We will also cooperate with students regarding any pro bono credit requirements.
Please email cover letters and resumes to Marta@blaszkowlegal.com