Discover How an Experienced Attorney Can Help You! CONTACT US TODAY


If you have been involved in a car accident that was not your fault, the first thing that you need to do is get to a qualified doctor to get a full evaluation. If you have been seriously injured, then allow the ambulance to transport you to the hospital. If you can get there yourself, then drive to an urgent care center. Alternately, if you can get in to see your primary care doctor, if they have an appointment right away. But it is important to have a medical doctor give you the once over to make sure that any injuries that you have are 1) properly diagnosed, and 2) referred to get the treatment you need to get better!

Next, you need to talk to a Mount Vernon Car Accident Lawyer. At Blaszkow Legal, PLLC, we will begin to investigate your claim right away, and take care of all of the paperwork that is being thrown at you. We will do battle with the insurance companies, to get you the compensation that you are entitled to, not just settle for a small amount of money to make you go away. Make sure that you choose the right car accident attorney immediately. Call Blaszkow Legal for a free consultation at 703-879-5910.

Filing a Car Accident Claim

After a Mount Vernon car accident, usually, insurance companies will begin calling you right away. This can be frustrating, but it is also a trick! You need to be very careful. Insurance adjusters are very good at their job, and this includes the at fault insurance company's people. They are hoping that you will say something on which they can base a denial of your claim. Don't let them use your words against you. Speak to an experienced Mount Vernon car accident attorney right away, so that you will be protected immediately.

A Virginia car accident lawyer is going to do more than simply intercept phone calls, however. The attorney will:

  • Begin the investigation into the car accident

  • Prove that the other parties were negligent/at-fault

  • Will monitor your medical treatment and begin to build the evidence that is going to support your claim

  • Prepare and present the settlement demand package to the insurance company

  • Guide you through intricate negotiations

  • Prepare for trial if the insurance company tries to minimize or deny your claim

Legal fees and Mount Vernon Car Accident cases

Blaszkow Legal represents personal injury clients on a contingency fee basis. That means that we don't get paid unless you collect money. You don't owe us any money up front. It is vital for you to come in and talk to a lawyer as soon as possible, because there is no risk to you. The sooner you talk to a car accident lawyer, the sooner you will know what your options are, and the sooner that you will be protected.

Types of cases we handle

Our team of attorneys, paralegals, and investigators is ready to handle any motor vehicle accident anywhere in the Commonwealth of Virginia, as well as Maryland and Washington, DC. Some of the cases that we handle include:

What are my damages?

After a Mount Vernon car accident, you are entitled to file a claim for your damages. Damages is a legal term that means all of the individual elements that make up the totality of how the accident has impacted you and and your life. Car accident damages are divided into two categories: non-economic damages and economic damages.

Non-economic damages are very fact-specific and case specific. No two accidents are alike. In order to receive non-economic damages, the burden of proof is on us to prove how the accident truly interfered with your daily life, and impacted you. These damages are often proven through testimony. Some examples of non economic damages include

  1. Pain and suffering

  2. Loss of enjoyment of life

  3. Inconvenience

  4. Impairment in activities of daily living

  5. Scarring

  6. Permanent injury

Economic damages are very black and white, in that they are proven by bills and records and receipts. Some examples of economic damages include:

  1. Time lost from work

  2. Medical expenses

  3. Hospital expenses

  4. Prescription costs

  5. Rehabilitation costs

  6. Diminished value

  7. Property damage

  8. Future medical expenses, if any

  9. Future lost wages, if any

Have you been hurt in a car accident?

Contact an Attorney today!

WMATA Bus Accident Attorney | Blaszkow LegalThe burden of proof in a Mount Vernon Car Accident

Once you have been involved in a car accident, it is not enough to simply claim that you have been hurt. We have to prove that the other side was responsible for the accident/at fault, and that your injuries were the direct result of the at-fault party's negligence. We do this through a competent and thorough investigation immediately. That's why it is so important to contact an attorney right away.

We have to prove the case to a preponderance of the evidence, or 51%. Legally speaking, that means that our case has to be proven to be more likely true than not true. The Scales of Justice must tip in our favor. We cannot simply make allegations.

A case is based on evidence. Evidence can be almost anything! Evidence in a car accident case are things like camera footage, surveillance camera footage, witness testimony, medical records, accident reconstruction reports, and more. In order to gather these things it's imperative that we act fast!

Mount Vernon car accident cases and going to trial

While no lawyer can tell you whether or not your case is going to go to court, we can tell you that most cases do not. Over 85% of the cases that we handle will settle before ever having to be litigated.

Just because we ultimately file a lawsuit however, does not mean that the case cannot be settled. A case can be settled at any time, including during a trial, right up until the time the jury walks back into the courtroom.

It is important for the insurance companies to know that you are willing to go all the way. If you hire an attorney who has a reputation for refusing to go to court, then the insurance companies will keep track of this. They will recognize that there is a limit which that lawyer will not push past for his or her clients. At Blaszkow Legal, we prepare every case from the minute you hire us like it is going to have to go to court. More likely than not, it will not have to go to trial, but we do this so that the insurance companies know we already willing and able to fight for our clients. This gives us more power in negotiating our settlements for our clients - we call this the Blaszkow Legal Method.

Car accidents on Fort Belvoir

If your accident has happened on military property, then you still have the right to file a claim. Don't feel powerless merely because the accident happened on military property. You still have the right to file a claim against the at-fault party, whether a civilian vehicle or military member.

If the vehicle that caused your accident was a military or government vehicle, then there is still a claim to be made. Car accidents involving a federal government vehicle are processed under what is known as the Federal Tort Claims Act.

Blaszkow Legal has a lot of experience fighting for our clients on base, as well as off!

Contact a Mount Vernon car accident lawyer right away!

If you have been involved in the car accident on Route 1, or anywhere in Mount Vernon, then contact the experience team at Blaszkow Legal who will help you fight for the compensation that you deserve.

Get Justice with Joe, and call Blaszkow Legal today. Call 703-879-5910 for a free consultation.

Get Justice with Joe!

Call Joe Blaszkow and his team for effective, aggressive representation!